Sunday, October 14, 2012

Housekeeping.

It's been quite a while since I've put any work into this old blog. Actually, it's been a long time since I even thought about it. It would appear, at first glance that I haven't done any new work since August of 2010 but, that is not the case. The thing is, I had set up my own website, which had a blog, and I simply migrated these posts over to it. Things were good for a year or so. Then stuff happened and that website went down. The best part about the website dying is that I never backed up the blog - or any part of the site, for that matter - thus losing all those newer postings, seemingly forever. So, Ive come back here, put a new coat of paint on the old "Captain's Log" and will be starting fresh.

A few notes:

  • I've gone through and taken down any old Moustache posts from just before the website transfer occurred in December 2010. 
  • The post directly below this one has a recent date on it, however it's simply a reformat/repost of the six "Bet" rough posts. The new post contains all six parts in a new embedding and retains the little blurbs I wrote about the comics in the first and sixth posting. This helped me clear up some of the crummy html work I did and helped to streamline the blog refresh a bit.
  • At the top of the blog, I've added a few pages: Demo Reel, Resume, Story#1: The Bet, Story#2: Moustache, and Story#3: Robot. The first two page headers are fairly self-explanatory (i.e under Demo Reel, you'll find my current animation reel, and, under Resume, you'll find my current resume). 
  • Under Story #1, you'll find the cleaned up versions of all six pages of The Bet that was promised, oh so long ago.
  • Under Story #2, you'll find all twelve pages of Moustache, the pseudo-sequel to The Bet. Moustache has the distinction of being the first series of my comics to run on SCAD District.
  • Under Story #3, you'll find the current batch of An Apple a Day... comics. It's a forty page story arc about a robot whose actions are largely misunderstood and the actions taken by Edward and Apple to stop him. They are currently running on District and due to a contractual obligation there, I can only post them after they run on District's site for a week (This explains why, even though the story has been written and the pages are completed, there are only twelve parts currently available for viewing. Sometimes, I fudge the rule though). 
  • Individual Posts concerning An Apple a Day... comics #19 - 36 will not return, instead they'e been moved to their own respective pages for convenient reading/viewing. I remain undecided on whether I will post comics #37-76 individually. 
One more final, overall, note: the remainder of this blog (after this first page) retains the original formatting from when this blog was being primarily used. I only updated the posts on this first page so that the blog doesn't look too wonky upon first visit. 

Okay, I think that about does it for my updates. I hate doing a full text post, but this one was fairly necessary to do, given the amount of time passed since this blog was last updated. 

No comments: