Monday, September 28, 2009

Sean Versus a Shark


"What should I draw on the first page of this comic," Sean asked.
"You punching a shark in the face. 'Cause eff sharks," I replied.

And thus this picture was born. Well, not immediately. First, I drew a picture to illustrate what I was talking about:


I suggested he be smoking a pipe and wearing an old-school red and white striped swim suit as he was doing the deed. (I also suggested the use of a disclaimer spreading a lie that he has punched a shark in the face. In real life!)
A little later, he sent me a rough sketching of a drawing that will depict him committing a violent act against a shark. I then took an artistic liberty with it and drew all over it and came up with the mess of lines and squiggles at the top of this rambling tale.


I showed it to Sean and he laughed saying that's precisely what he was drawing in the first place. So, while not entirely my drawing, it was fun to draw all over someone else's drawing and present the results to them (and here, for that matter).


Besides, I'm sure Sean's own final version of this drawing will be much better than my messy "interpretation."

No comments: